Weybridge Osteopath is delighted to be able to provide shockwave therapy using the most innovative and progressive Radial Shockwave Therapy machine available.
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy is an established and effective treatment for soft-tissue injuries and is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). It is an excellent option for chronic persistent musculoskeletal problems that have failed to respond to normal treatments and prior to steroid injections or surgery.
Shockwave Therapy has been clinically proven and is recognised by the top orthopaedic hospitals and professional sports bodies. In addition, ESWT is covered by private health insurers.
- WHAT IS SHOCKWAVE
- Shockwave involves passing short, intense energy sound waves (pressure waves), travelling faster than the speed of sound, into affected tissues. This causes microtrauma, increases blood flow and stimulates an acute inflammatory response which aids the healing process. Shockwave treatment can also reduce calcifications, improve recovery in delayed bone union (fractures struggling to heal) and improve function & pain relief in
- CONDITIONS TREATED:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Medial tibial stress syndrome
- Jumpers knee
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Myofascial trigger points
- Calcific Tendonitis
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Chronic Tendinopathy
- Tennis Elbow / Golfers Elbow